What does art mean to the Akanksha children and how does it impact their lives? See what they have to say.
My favourite part of class is creating my own designs. Usually there are so many rules to follow but in design class we don’t need to follow rules. Art gives me life. It makes me stand out from others. I can see a thing and inside it and what is happening. It’s the imagination of art.
From childhood, I’ve been passionate about art because I was interested in colours. In design class we come together to learn different things. Here we learn from outside our textbooks. I feel like it’s the place where my brain starts moving fast! I go deep into everything I see and it’s because of art.
We can make anything we want here. I see something, I think and then I create. If I did not have art in my life, then my dreams would be different. Because of art, I am celebrating my dreams. I want to be a designer and Design Class is helping me prepare for it.
Akanksha was a space where I could explore and discover myself; a place where every day brought with it new learning experiences for me. Many of my friends are married, but now my parents know that I am capable of earning and being independent. This is the place where I have learnt to make choices for myself.
- Art for Akanksha: strong art curriculum from KG to standard 7
- Our art curriculum now used in Ladakh’s government schools
- Over 30 workshops conducted (2012-14) for adults and children
- More than 80 products on board
- 85+ attendance in design class
- Over 1200 pieces of clocks, trays, pen stands, mugs and gift bags sold